By Norma Merrett
Kale is one of my favorite superfoods and I always strive to create recipes that are healthy and delicious! These kale coconut bites use organic kale powder from Denmark. The wonderful thing about this kale powder is that it is freeze dried no higher than 42°C so all the important vitamins and nutrients are locked in, as well as the vibrant green color.
Kale is a nutritional powerhouse that is rich in Vitamins K, A, C, E B6, folate and manganese. Kale also contains high levels of thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, iron and phosphorus. The best way to enjoy kale is raw or without subjecting it to heat as this will diminish many of the vitamins and minerals. That’s why, after fresh kale of course, this freeze dried, Danish kale powder is the most convenient way to enjoy kale without missing out on all the health benefits.
These kale coconut bites are raw and vegan. In addition, this recipe contains whole foods and are free from refined sugars and carbohydrates.
Kale Coconut Bites
Yield: 20 – 24 balls.
Prep time: 10 mins
Refrigeration time: 30 mins
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped and the mixture starts to come together in a ball.
- Cover and place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is thoroughly chilled for about 30 minutes.
- Roll it into 1-inch balls.
- Dust or roll the kale coconut bites in additional coconut if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator and consume as soon as possible.
This recipe for kale coconut bites is the perfect pre and post workout snack, as well as a good addition to the kids’ lunch boxes, a yummy treat between meals or a little bite of sweetness after dinner!