As the holidays approach, no doubt you are thinking about the gathering of family and friends, gift shopping, holiday parties and the special food that is part of your holiday. This time of year always finds me making mental shopping and to-do lists and thinking about food. I love to mull over ideas and combinations and do my best to lay out the perfect holiday table for my family. I’d love to share one of my favorites with you :). This recipe couldn’t more dramatic looking and easier to make. It would make a wonderful hostess gift to take to your next dinner invite, to the office party or of course for your own table too. It combines a few ingredients and the star of the show is matcha. I use only pure organic matcha, which you will find online at HealthyTOKYO.com. Add to it some luscious chocolate and you’re on your way to a decadent and very vivid treat!
Matcha Chocolate Bark
- 350 grams dark or bittersweet chocolate (or 2 cups chips)
- 700 grams white chocolate (or 4 cups chips)
- 1 tablespoon organic matcha, No 2 or 3
- 1 ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil and whisk in matcha until smooth. Set aside.
- In either microwave or in top of double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, mixing until melted and smooth. Spread onto a parchment lined cookie sheet or pan in approximately 9 x 13 in dimension.
- In another bowl, melt the white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove ½ cup of the melted white chocolate and combine with the matcha/oil mixture and mix well until evenly colored.
- Drop each of the matcha chocolate mixture and the white chocolate mixture by large spoonfuls over the dark chocolate layer. Quickly use a knife or small spatula to gently swirl the matcha chocolate with the white chocolate. If desired, sprinkle with black sesame seeds or dried cranberries and let it sit 2 hours at room temperature to set up. Break into pieces and enjoy!