No products in the cart.
Granola is absolutely delicious. It’s one of those foods that are impossible to stop eating once you’ve started. However, when searching for a brand of granola, you might be hard pressed to find one that isn’t laden with refined carbohydrates, hydrogenated oils and refined sugar. The solution to this issue is of course, to make it yourself! I know what you’re thinking, “but that’s so time consuming and difficult!” Well, here’s a granola recipe that is not only easy, but tastes good and is good for you.
This nutty wholesome granola is enhanced with the goodness of matcha. It is also full of whole grains, nuts and seeds in their most wholesome form. There are no refined sugars or unhealthy fats either! It is just pure, crunchy joy! You can enjoy it as a cereal, yogurt topper or snack. Feel free to substitute any nuts of your choice. You can even add in dried fruit such as cranberries, blueberries or figs.
This matcha granola is so healthy that you don’t have to feel bad about eating it straight from the container in one sitting! (I won’t tell if you won’t!)
Yield: 4 ½ cups
2 ½ cups oats
½ cup chopped nuts (any type)
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup unsweetened coconut
½ cup rye flakes*
1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
3/8 cup honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp Organic Matcha No. 3 Sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 160C/300F
- In large bowl combine the oats, nuts and coconut.
- Put a pot on low heat
- Melt the honey, coconut oil and vanilla, stirring constantly
- When it’s thoroughly heated and well combined, whisk in the matcha powder
- Pour the liquid matcha mixture over the dry ingredients
- Stir to thoroughly coat the dry ingredients in the liquid matcha mixture
- Spread the granola evenly onto a baking sheet
- Bake for approximately 18-20 mins
- Stir the granola at 10 min intervals to ensure even browning
- Once it’s done, take it out to cool
*If rye flakes are not available, add an extra ½ cup of oats
This matcha granola will be your next breakfast hit because it’s quick but also healthy! This granola recipe will feature in many more recipes, so keep an eye out for them!
Sprinkle this organic matcha on everything for a superfood hit!