These matcha energy bars are vegan, no-bake and quick and easy to make and store. Matcha not only ups the superfood attributes but also adds a unique Japanese quality to these energy bars. Many store-bought energy bars are high in refined sugar, processed carbohydrates and hydrogenated oils, but these are only made with whole foods.
You’ll fall in love with the chewy, nutty quality of these matcha energy bars. The coconut milk provides a rich creaminess and this recipe is full of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs). Honey or agave syrup are both natural and provide a subtle sweetness without being overwhelming.
The matcha and cashew swirled throughout these bars creates a pop of color when contrasted against the shredded coconut and goji berry topping. These matcha energy bars are great to make in summer because this no-bake recipe does not require an oven.
This recipe for matcha energy bars are not only pretty but they make a great pre or post workout snack to throw in your gym bag. The high nutritional value also makes them a yummy addition to kids lunch boxes!
1 cup (280 gr) cashews
½ cup (20 gr) dry shredded coconut
½ cup (50 gr) oats
3 tbsp honey or agave syrup
2 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp coconut milk or any other non dairy milk
1 tsp Organic Matcha No. 4 Cooking
2 tbsp dry coconut flakes
1 tbsp chopped goji berries
- Pour the cashews into a food processor and blend them for 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded coconut, oats, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk to the mixture and blend until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- Place one portion of the dough back into the blender
- Add 1 teaspoon of matcha powder and blend until the dough becomes green.
- Roll the 3 balls of dough into 3 long lengths of dough and roughly mould them together to create the ‘swirl’ quality.
- Transfer the mixture onto baking paper
- Roll the dough into a rectangle about 1cm high
- Chop into seven bars
- Sprinkle the bars with coconut flakes and goji-berries and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.
En Healthy are committed to creating easy and delicious vegan health foods with only the highest quality ingredients. When we found HealthyTOKYO’s premium organic matcha we were so excited to incorporate it into our recipes. Look out for more recipes featuring the range of premium organic matcha from HealthyTOKYO.
Organic Matcha No. 4 Cooking
Premium organic matcha especially for cooking and baking