If you’ve been wanting to spice up that boring old pancake recipe then these matcha pancakes are for you! These matcha pancakes will certainly be a crowd pleaser for Sunday breakfast. Surprise your friends and family with the vibrant green hue that only pure, organic matcha powder can provide. HealthyTOKYO Matcha gives these pancakes a Japanese twist that combine both taste and health to create a dish that is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dessert.
Matcha provides you with a multitude of health benefits. Not to mention, the subtle yet unique flavor that is characteristic of matcha. It is the perfect addition to breakfast because the caffeine in matcha is balanced out with the amino acid L-theanine to keep you energized without the subsequent crash that coffee can cause. There is also fiber to keep you regular and the chlorophyll in matcha has a natural detoxifying effect on your body. Matcha is definitely the holy grail of the superfood world as it also provides your body with vitamins A and E to keep your hair and skin looking beautiful.
Boost your morning with the added health benefits of matcha in these hearty pancakes.
Yield: 3-4 medium sized pancakes or 6-8 small pancakes
½ cup of milk (any type)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp olive or grape seed oil
1 tsp Organic Matcha No. 4 Cooking
1 tsp maple syrup
½ cup whole-wheat or white flour
3 tbsp oats
½ tsp baking powder
Dash of salt
- In a large bowl, beat the egg.
- Next, add the milk, vanilla and oil to the beaten egg and combine.
- Blend the matcha and syrup together.
- Add the syrup and matcha combination to the pancake mix.
- Next, mix all the dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir 6-7 times, until just combined.
- Heat a griddle pan to medium heat.
- Spoon the batter into 6-8 small pancakes.
- Once the surface of the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them over
- Plate up the matcha pancakes
- Topped with sliced fruit of your choice and/or maple syrup.
Wait for the compliments to roll in as everyone enjoys your delicious innovative new breakfast creation. I’m sure these will go on regular rotation in no time!