Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I thought the recipe for these matcha chocolates would be perfect for today. It’s a healthy treat to give to your spouse, lover, friends, co-workers or any chocolate lovers you know.
When I created this recipe for matcha chocolates, I was looking for something easy to put together, because we are all busy nowadays. I wanted something that has the look of quality store bought chocolates but with the warm personal touch that only comes with a homemade gift. Not only are these matcha chocolates easy to make but the dark chocolate provides richness and the matcha butter filling is naturally sweet and creamy without being overpowering.
Dark chocolate and matcha are a natural flavor combination. The love heart moulds were completely unintentional, but luckily they fit the theme for today! Silicone molds come in shapes and sizes, which makes it easy to create professional looking matcha chocolates!
Dark chocolate is both delicious and good for your health as it is rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber and a multitude of minerals.
10 oz dark chocolate, at least 65% cacao
2 tsp coconut oil
Matcha Butter Filling:
¼ cup coconut butter*
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tbsp Organic Matcha No. 2 Energy
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted.
2. Spoon approximately ½ tbsp melted chocolate into the mold or paper lined mini muffin pan.
3. Put the first layer of chocolate in the freezer
4. Start preparing the matcha butter filling
5. In a small bowl, melt the coconut butter for 15-20 seconds until just slightly melted.
6. Stir in the matcha and maple syrup until smooth.
7. Put ½ tsp of matcha butter filling in the center of each chocolate
8. Press the filling down gently to slightly flatten.
9. Spoon the remaining chocolate over the matcha butter filling.
10. Smooth the top layer of chocolate to completely cover the matcha butter filling.
11. Return the chocolate to the freezer for 5-10 mins until set.
*Coconut butter has no substitutions in this recipe and is not the same as coconut oil. Coconut butter can be found at health specialty stores.
I hope your Valentine appreciates this home made sweet!
Organic Matcha No. 2 Energy
The ‘magic’ matcha that brings the matcha butter filling to life.